O&S Trucking History Timeline
1981: Ozarks Truck Brokerage established by Jim O'Neal and Keith Stever.
1983: Name change to O&S Trucking.
- Transportation Broker (Truckload Service)
- No Equipment
- Two customers
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Bristol Myers Squibb
1987: Jim O'Neal and Keith Stever end partnership on friendly terms.
1992: Company owned fleet added.
1993: Jim O'Neal awarded Small Business Person of the Year by Springfield Business Journal.
1995: Disaster relief: Alfred P Murrah building, Oklahoma City, OK.
1997: Received TCA Fleet Safety Grand Prize.
1998: Received TCA Fleet Safety Award.
2000: Became an employee owned company.
- Began Owner/Operator fleet.
2001: Disaster relief: Ground Zero, New York
- Jerry Johnson named MMCA Driver of the Month/February 2000
- Owner Operator Dale Price named MMCA Driver of the Month/July 2000
- Heavy LTL Division opened
2002 Received Economic Impact Award (Spfd Business Journal)
- Received Leggett & Platt Strategic Partnership Award (TL Carrier Division).
- Received TCA Fleet Safety Award.
- Lease Purchase Division opened.
2003: Temperature Controlled Division opened
- Received TCA Fleet Safety Award
2004: Merged with Stever Trucking, Stever becomes bulk of O&S Refrigerated Division
- O&S driver Joe Chitwood named MMCA Driver of the Month for April 2003
- Acquired Mo-Cal Refrigerated Carrier
- Acquired Belcor Refrigerated Carrier
- Company recognized as one of Springfield’s “Dynamic Dozen” by the Springfield Business Journal
- Long time O & S Owner-Operator Jerry Johnson wins 4 th place in TCA Independent Contractor of the Year for 2003
- Owner-Operator Jerry Johnson named MMCA Driver of the Month/April 2004
- Company Driver Darrell Hand named MMCA Driver of the Month/July 2004